You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.06 to Ver.1.07
1. Fix the hung up issue rarely occurs when going into sleep mode.
2. Fix the paper jam with plain paper which rarely happens at the leading edge of roll paper.
3. The problem that the community name setting in SNMP setting was not processed correctly has been fixed.
4. Shutdown timer function has been added.
After the printer goes into Sleep Mode, power will be turned off automatically when the situation that the printer is not operated continues until the time being set in advance by operation panel.
Setup time:OFF/ 5 min./ 10 min./ 30 min./ 1 hour/ 4 hours/ 8 hours*/ 12 hours *Initial value when updating version.
To fix the issue 2., please apply the MCT versions below to the printer and its driver after upgrading the firmware.
Windows 32bit 3.1106
Windows 64bit 3.1106
Mac OS X v10.4-v10.7 3.13
Mac OS X v10.2-v10.3 3.1206
Modifications from Ver.1.02 to Ver.1.06
1. The acquisition of serial number of main body by iWEMC supported
2. The failure of retrieving from sleep mode on rare occasions fixed
3. The failure of inability to print in HP/GL2 printing when file name contains 2-byte character(s) and the second byte is "5C" (back slash) fixed
4. The drive control in printing optimized
Modifications from Ver.1.01 to Ver.1.02
1. In case the nozzles are clogged, formerly you would stop printing and check the printout,
and then continue printing by pressing the Online key.
Now it automatically checks the level of clogging, and if it is possible to print it will continue printing,
and if it needs a printhead replacement, it will display a Replace Printhead message.
This modification will greatly improve the workability.
2. Functions in the HP-GL/2 mode have been improved.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
- Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network, make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, you may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) When you have downloaded the file, decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the imagePROGRAF FirmUpdate file.
The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) Execute the installed imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.